We carry out strategic development viability studies for local authorities across the UK. These studies supply crucial evidence for Local Plans, and help our clients develop policies that comply with the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and Planning Practice Guidance (PPG).
Our robust, evidence-based whole plan viability studies can support local authorities right through the Local Plan process, from examining initial policy options to reviewing and evaluating preferred or submission positions. We’ve designed our studies to examine the viability of various factors including:
• Collective costs of development – including local and national policies.
• Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and S106
• Affordable housing
• Funding and tenure, including viability of ‘affordable rent’, ‘social rent’, new and intermediate tenures
• Starter Homes, low-cost market housing and PRS
• Varying market conditions (Property Market Reporting)
• Scheme size, density and mix
• Construction and design standards (Sustainability)
• Development costs (including profit)
• Wider planning obligations
For further information or an informal chat, please contact us